The Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing (ICESDF) conducted a regional outreach meeting with Latin American and Carribbean stakeholders from January 14-15 in Santiago Chile. The purpose of the meeting was to have governments, academics, civil society, and private sector representatives provide recommendations on finance for development.
The key themes that emerged from the two-day discussion, are as follows:
- Financial architecture and global economic governance reform;
- Regional financial institutions;
- Reorienting development models in the region;
- Private finance, including public-private partnerships and regulatory measures;
- Other forms of resource mobilization, including national and international tax issues;
- Climate finance; and
- Mobilizing political will
For more information about the meeting and its outcomes, read the meeting summary from UN NGLS.